[OT] where were you 9/11?

I was at work, slaving over converting a web application from some
3rd party when the marketing manager came by with a radio saying he
just heard that a plane had hit the WTC.  We figured it was a
mistake, a tragic mistake is all.  I was getting breaking news by
having 3 or 4 different web sites open when someone remembered the TV
upstairs with cable in one of the conferences rooms.  By this time,
we had it figured to be purposeful.  (The news sites were getting too
bogged down to be effective at this point also)

Several of us went up there to watch, and learn that it really
appears to be a deliberate act.  I was watching when the 2nd plane
hit.  It was numbing.  I distinctly remember *willing* the 1st tower
to remain standing . . . even when I watched it blowing apart into
dust.   I couldn't really believe it was real.  My stomach hurt.
Then agonizingly later, watched as the second tower fell also.

I really remember quite clearly my perspective in relation to the TV
screen while I stood there...odd isn't that.

I remember wondering how widespread the attack was going to be . . .
was every office tower going to be a target today?

==Brett