[OT] where were you 9/11?

I was on the first floor of the school and I heard kids in the hall talking
about it, so I got more details at that point. I recall thinking that the
US would be bombing the shit out of someone in the near future, and was
hoping that it was an isolated incident which wouldn't involve the whole
world in warfare. In some ways it was an isolated incident, save for the
other two planes that went elsewhere to kill people. I also recall the
list's reaction being one of shock and sympathy, and hearing of Scott
Williams' experience being quite close to the event. And of those who knew
people who'd not been so lucky. It was certainly one of those events that
resulted in lost innocence of sorts, much like another event that I'm old
enogh to recall, the Kennedy assassination. I was very young, and recall my
mom telling me about that as she picked me up from school. Hopefully there
won't be too many more "milestones" like those. And it really did look like
a movie, too unreal to be real.

Cathy