Oil Buzzer

All,

Last night I was in the Cali driving home on the highway and my oil light
would flash for a microsecond every so often while on the highway. Odd. I
drove it the rest of the way home without issue.

This morning I go to drive to work and after a few hundred feet the oil
light came on plus the buzzer started going off. I checked the oil level and
it is was exactly mid-way up the hatchmark. I added half a quart, started
it, and got the oil light and buzzer again. So I drove it a few hundred feet
back home and parked it.

I've never had any problems like this before in this car, and generally this
car is rock solid reliable. It's been exactly 5,125 miles since my last oil
change (I do 5,000 mile intervals with Mobil 1 and a huge diesel filter) and
I was planning on changing the oil this week. The oil does not leak one bit
and it burns about 1 quart every 3,000 miles.

Any ideas where I should look when I get home tonight?

-Marc

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
'83 VW Scirocco California Edition
'84 VW GTI Pickup Truck