Ohhhh... Pain

--- julie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
<snip>
> I clipped my drivers finger, tearing the
> nail and forced 3 fibers between 5mm and 1cm under
> the nail. God damn that hurts. I pulled them out
> with tweezers and tried to clean the gunk as well.

OK, after cleaning the outside it's kind of important
you get the contaminants out now before the thing
seals itself off.

Soak that hand/finger tonight in something to get
outward flow going; salt, Epsom salts (yek), even a
sugar solution can be beneficial.

(I am rediscovering the healing benefits of topical
application of Honey, yes HONEY. Try it on things not
copiously flowing blood.)

In any case you want less inside than out so soak in
some sugary brine while the wound is still fresh.

And eat yer veggies.

TBerk