Battery relocation

--- "Mark F." <mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Cathy, have you considered buying a lightweight Braille
> battery and
> mounting it in the stock location instead?

I believe she's already gone this route.

> Moving the battery to the back actually increases the
> weight of your
> car when you consider all that extra (heavy) cable...

Thank you, thank you.

Why anyone would want to mount the battery in the trunk is
beyond me.  Some say weight distribution, but with all the
aforementioned cabling and a lightweight battery, what are
you gaining?

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

http://tv.yahoo.com/