Battery relocation

On 9/7/07, C Boyko <roccit_53@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm about to head into battery relocation on my MkI. I've got a box lined
> up (thanks ElT!!) and a shutoff switch (required by the track). Anyone done
> this and had problems? and tips/etc are appreciated about where's the best
> place to locate the box, where's good to route the wires, what sort of
> stuff can screw it up and that sort of thing. Pictures are always good too.
> Let's get some tech discussions going here people, it's been WAY too quiet,
> you DO still all own Sciroccos, right?
> Cathy

Cathy, have you considered buying a lightweight Braille battery and
mounting it in the stock location instead?  I bought a 11.5lb. Braille
from Scott Williams a couple years ago, and I swear by them.  I
actually just bought their super beefy 21 lb. 'extreme' battery for my
mTDI Caddy to make room for the water/methanol injection system and
intercooler piping.

Moving the battery to the back actually increases the weight of your
car when you consider all that extra (heavy) cable...

Later,

Mark.
75
82