Looking for a source of alternator parts

Time to find a new rebuilder.  I had a local guy rebuild mine for $60.  He even cleaned it up really nice and painted the pulley.  100% better than a rebuild junk unit from your FLAPS.  Next to the old Delco "CS" style alternator, the Bosch is pretty generic, with most models being exactly the same inside.

Brendan

----- Original Message ----
From: John C. Worden <johncworden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 6, 2007 5:41:51 PM
Subject: Looking for a source of alternator parts

The local rebuilder couldn't rebuild the alternator for the '88.  A bearing
is bad and he
said it damaged the case.  Ok.  Well I happened to be looking at it the
other day(checking
it against one on ebay) and noticed all of the screws look like they have
never been off.
So I take it apart and he never even took it apart and the case is
fine.  So if I can get new
bearings I will replace them, otherwise I will just buy a rebuilt.  The
alternator in question
is a 90a Bosch.

John C. Worden
Bucksport, Maine

''98 Dakota 4x4-
'88 Scirocco 16V-
'86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
restoration
'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe

--
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.