the day that would never happen....

On 10/25/07, Rhett Farnum <rocco.crossing@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ...DID!
>
> Yesterday, the 82 that is the car I've owned the longest out of 14 cars rode
> away on a car dolly to the Minneapolis area to be built by a different rocco
> enthusiast. It was a sad day but with the decision to buy and restore my
> grandfather's 78 Ford pick-up I was not able to continue/complete the rocco
> any further.

> http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/rocco_crossing/Scirocco/

Hey Rhett, sorry to hear you had to give up the Scirocco, but at least
feel good about stopping the toll of time and reversing that car's
fortunes!  Julie notwithstanding, there aren't that many us who'd even
start on a rescue project like that.

I was hanging out at a friend's shop the other day and checking out
his latest 65 Chevy project car and noticed Swiss cheese-like rockers,
doors that were rotted right through, and rust everywhere I looked.
Yet my friend considered it a really good find!  I realized that these
guys think nothing of replacing major (even structural) rusted out
areas.  Then I got to thinking about all the Sciroccos that have
prematurely met the crusher of death the minute some rust appeared
under the door handles.  Makes me want to rent a big ole barn
somewhere and start stashing away A1's - even ones that are less than
perfect...

BTW, was that Jim's old car that I dragged out to Iowa for you?

Later,

Mark.
75
82