Thinking about buying a rocco 16v for a track car

I'd be using it as an HPDE and NASA Time trials car.  If I go wheel to
wheel, I'll probably build a Spec E30.  However, I don't have a truck or
a trailer, so the car has to remain street legal.  Some of the tracks
are a good distance away, so that means working AC and a radio are a
must.  I'm not driving from Denver to Salt Lake City in the summer
without AC!

I'm not a novice driver, I instruct for several of the car clubs
already.  While I'd love to have a porsche or M3 as a track car, it
comes down to what I'm willing to lose if I auger the car into a wall.
I'd rather write off a cheaper rocco than a $10k M3 or $15-20k Porsche.

The other car I'm considering is an E30 325is and E30 318is.  Obvious
advantages are rwd and a limited slip rear diff...