2L 16v engine work ok with (base) CIS?

I went to put everything back
> together with the 1.7L stuff, but the intake manifold sits where the
> alternator usually sits for that setup, so it won't work...  Of course
> this is after I spent a half hour cleaning up all brackets and bolts
> on the wirewheel...  :(   Anyone have a non-a/c 16v alternator bracket
> setup?
>
> Later,
>
> Mark.

Told ya, October is alternator month. I don't have a bracket for ya, but I
could take a pic of what's done to my 16V, which had AC in its first life
and no longer does. Not sure which variant it most resembles, but I'm good
and sick of alternator belts, "tightening" mine has involved welding,
cutting, removal of the washer reservoir and a very delicate incision in
the inner metal shield on the timing belt, while avoiding the belt and fuel
lines. But there's a belt on the car again now. Not brave enough to start
the car to see if it tosses the thing at the moment, tomorrow maybe.
Cathy