2L 16v engine work ok with (base) CIS?

On 10/9/07, Jeff Toomasson <area53@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'll ask the boy which gasket he intends to use, he's building an ABA block
> > with a 16V (9A) head, so that should cover your two options nicely! Cathy
> >
> >> Anyone know if I can use the metal ABA head gasket (it's a 1.8 16v
> >> block/head)?  I have two new ones still in the package.  IIRC I had an
> >> option to use a 9A 16v head gasket on my JH/ABA combo, so that's what made
> >> me wonder...
> >>

> Yes, you can - and should - use it. IIRC, you'll have to punch out the
> alignment pin on the driver's side of the block.

The engine turned very easily via the crank bolt, so I'm not going to
bother removing the head...

Now on to the next question:  I'm assuming there's a non-a/c
alternator bracket?  I pulled the a/c and powersteering stuff off
today, and removed a non-a/c setup from an old 1.7L 8v I have lying
around.  Even the passenger side engine mount was bent from the
accident (!), so I removed it as well.  I went to put everything back
together with the 1.7L stuff, but the intake manifold sits where the
alternator usually sits for that setup, so it won't work...  Of course
this is after I spent a half hour cleaning up all brackets and bolts
on the wirewheel...  :(   Anyone have a non-a/c 16v alternator bracket
setup?

Later,

Mark.
75