2L 16v engine work ok with (base) CIS?

Situation:  With snow about a month away I need to get my 82 winter
beater back on the road as quickly and painlessly as possible.

Problem:  It has a tired engine and shot exhaust.

Solution:  I have a recently pulled 2L 16v engine/trans sitting on my

The PITA I wish to avoid:  Swapping over the CIS-E electrics and components.

With my other project, work, and various other commitments I'd like to
get away with using the stock 1.7L CIS system if possible (ie: quick
and dirty swap).  Anyone think this is do-able, or should I spend the
time to graft in the 16v stuff?  Keep in mind that I'm not expecting
perfection here - the car is, and always will be, a winter beater
(until it inherits the earth that is...)  I'm also an 8v guy, so 16v
related stuff is foreign to me...

Later,

Mark.
75