Spewey Filter signup list

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark F. [mailto:mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 6:48 PM
To: Allyn
Cc: David Utley; Scirocco list; Chris Bennett; Brian McGarvey
Subject: Re: Spewey Filter signup list

Mark wrote...

I guess calling Utley a wanker was uncalled for...  Sorry about
that...  (I've at least met the guy - I don't call just *anybody* a
wanker).

While I -do- occasionally wank, I don't believe I fit that description.  :D

On a more serious note, some of you may recall Mark and I having a
falling-out over a deal on a car that went bad.  Mark drove across the US to
pick what I thought was a pristine Mk1 Scirocco body, and it turns out that
it did indeed have some damage. Since then, I have tried to make good, in a
number of different ways.  IIRC, I apologized to you publicly for my
mistake, I know for a fact that I did privately, several times.  The fact
that I 1) lowered the price on the car, 2) and sent you home with some extra
near new parts can't possibly take the place of the money you spent to come
down here, nor the excitement you probably had 'knowing you had found 'the'
car, but I have offered you all that I could.  If you were in the mood to
receive anything more from me as a means to close this chapter, I would
offer it.  Past experience says you would take it with one hand while
flipping me off with another.

The fact that you have held onto your upset about it is telling; I had
nothing to gain by selling you that car.  I would have rather have junked it
and seen it crushed rather than be reminded every so often that you are
still pissed-off about it.  What would it take, Mark?

David