Power Blocks

Tony I am only three hours behind.

Grant,
       Well last night I ordered a plain (0 gauge to 4 gauge)  8way block.
Large brass do-dad with clear plastic around it.  That is going to
be my fallback if this other thing doesn't pan out.  I agree I don't dig it
either.  My thought is to rough it up and paint the damn thing black and
tape up the spider or desolder the LED's.  If you look at the auction it
shows the internals of this pretty good I think I will still be able to
distrubute power if all the electronics die.

I guess what I am looking for is a way to monitor consumption and still
solve my distribution problems.  The battery drains when it sits.  I know
why I have some larger issues in the 87.  Is it the fusebox?  Is it the
harnesses?  Is it something I have time for now?  No.  I have already
replaced the charging cables, and it has gotten better, but I have a
voltmeter in the car (dedicated) and I can see voltage drop HUGELY when I
have lights, wipers and rear defog on.  Common thing in Seattle. Heated
elements are huge draws I know...  I don't have a clamp style DC amp probe.
I'd like to monitor current draw with different things on and I am not
really keen about putting a DMM in line and stepping away from the engine
bay.  That sounds like a fire waiting to happen.  I know the amp draws when
the car is off and I usually don't unplug the ipod/cell chargers.  I guess I
am saying that there are many contributing factors.

Which by the way... you mentioned inductive meters aren't cost effective...
I agree but what's in the Callaway.  Appears to be a VDO ammeter.  How is
that wired?  It always reads low.  Even on a freshly charged battery.  Is it
inductance?  It is inline with the fuse box?  I don't see very large cables
going there.

Hmmm
Chris