Love this guy :)

Assuming about 3200 miles from here to Cincy... if I could maintain an
average speed of 90 which on long trips I usually do 85-90 and do enough
crank to keep me awake for that long, and I get some astronaught diapers,
and only stop for gas... I could do it in 36 hours.  37 if you count 10
minutes per fuel stop at 6 stops or so.

3200miles, assuming 25mpg=128 gallons consumed;  13 gallons a tank, that's
still 10 stops so you'd have to nascar it and do 6 minutes gas stops to
maintain the hour fueling rate.  Most of the pumps around here tend to be
abysmally slow... that might be pushing it.

But the reality is that once you get higher than 85 or so (assuming stock
tranny) fuel consumption spikes.  I know when you get past 120mph if you try
to sustain that you can watch the gas gauge move, and you run into other
things like melted bearings.

And yes... I know that Cincy isn't the east coast--that's what sugartitties
did in his bmw with all the toys.  Bullshit you don't need all that.  My
laptop is my GPS, then a radar detector, and an ipod the rest of that crap
is dead weight.  You don't even need a CB.  If you know the courtesies, it's
all visual communication anyway.  Now truckers usually tip off on where the
bacon is but that would be the only benefit you don't need to ask a trucker
to pass via CB unless you are some rich jackass in a BMW.

Cincy is as far east as I care to go voluntarily--With the possible
exception of NC.

BTW Cincy news.  We need a moment of silence for Joe Nuxhall.  Old Lefty
rounded third and was heading for home. :(  I knew him, his son was one of
my Gym teachers in Fairfield.  Dude could kick a dodgeball and make
baskets.  When you are 10 that is the coolest trick ever--who cared if his
dad was a legendary Reds alumni and the voice of 700WLW calling the games.
I hear his voice and think about childhood these days, but back then that
didn't compare with his son's dodgeball trick.

And yes we played fucking dodgeball and we targeted the girls that didn't
want to play and the nerd.  We all lived through it.  /endrant

On 11/17/07, Neptuno <neptunonc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dont you think that we already puh the limits driving our cars to Cincy?
>
>  31 hrs coast to coast on an Mk1 no......or mk2 more no.... i dont think
we could sustain the speeds necessary