Which tool would you buy?

On 5:10 pm 11/01/07 "Joe Mair" <jmair@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> How much longer it would last?  How many starters are you taking out
> of your cars?!

You might be surprised by how many times a car's starter might come out, my
16V being a case-in-point. The starter for starter/ground problems? Likely
five times. For clutches? Maybe three. Engine swap? Once. Tranny upgrade?
Once. Front motor mount? Maybe twice. Front crossmember support? Once. So
that's a bunch. (That's not counting the new motor mount/clutch that went
with the motor swap as more than one "event") If you take the car out to
get work done, general mechanics often don't have the tool either, so
they'll need yours (that would be clutch number two for me, I do them at
home now). OH!! And lets not forget that my car decided to self delete the
starter bolt once, so there was another time I used it. (And that's not
counting all the rest of the German scrap around here) But I still have a
cheap one!
Cathy