Which tool would you buy?

How much longer it would last?  How many starters are you taking out of
your cars?!

>From what I know and hear, Snap-On is the bee's knees.  Buy it once, and
never again.

I should talk, actually.  I still have to reimburse Timbo for the
started bolt socket that was stolen along with the rest of my tools.
Ack!

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: John C. Worden [mailto:johncworden@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:40 PM
To: Greg Pallett; Scirocco list
Subject: Re: Which tool would you buy?

That SnapOn one looks like it very nice, but I wonder how much longer it
would
last than the cheap ones as they seem to all wear out/strip
eventually.  I've had good
luck with the cheap ones for the most part.  You can also try Napa as
they
have a
half decent one too.

John

At 02:30 PM 11/1/07, Greg Pallett wrote:

>One of the fun things I'm allowing myself to do with this new project
82 is
>not to worry about having all the correct tools on hand.  If I don't
have
>what I need, I'll get it. (good thing time isn't a huge factor at the
>moment!)
>
>THe starter bolts are 8mm 12pt.  I don't have that one, and haven't
found it
>at Home Depot, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Sears, or my local hardware
store.
>So I'm shopping around online.
>
>There's this version for 22 bux, snap-on
>http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=2480&grou
p_ID=282&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

>Or something comprable from Craftsman, 6 bux
>http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00994124000P?vName=Tools&keywo
rd=8mm
>But you have to use an additional socket or wrench with it.  Deal
breaker?

>So advise me, o great Scirocco List!
>
>GP
>
>--
>"Fatal mistakes rarely happen, but funny things often do"
10/7/07
>6:12 PM
>

>--
10/7/07