A question for you CIS(or and FI) gurus out there. Replaced the injector and it did not help

Ok, I replaced the #4 injector and there is no difference.  Afterwards I
also rechecked the DPR,
replaced the dist. cap and rotor and rechecked/adjusted the timing.  The
thing still isn't right.
To answer some of the responses:
Michael- I didn't know it was a fuel problem, but ignition/spark is right
on, so that was my next
area to look at(I should have included part of my email from a day or two
ago that told of the
problem and what I had checked)
Tberk-I have looked for vacuum leaks and have not found any.  Doesn't mean
I haven't missed one,
but I have looked thoroughly.
And for everyone that mentioned the airflow plate, it's bearings and the
dist.  I can pretty much rule
that out because the plate responds very smoothly, and fuel increases as
the plate is lifted.
Well I will take another look at the ignition section of Bentley tomorrow,
it's possible I've missed something.

John

At 09:13 PM 5/20/07, John C. Worden wrote:
>I am trying to diagnose my 16V's acceleration problem that I can best
>describe as a stutter.
>I have been through the Bentley's troubleshooting list and am down to the
>injectors, fuel distributor,
>main pump and airflow plate.
>The plate looks good and moves smoothly.
>I pulled the injectors out and aimed them into four clear beer bottles,
>each bottle weighed the same.
>I ran the pump and lifted the plate for full throttle for thirty seconds
>and then weighed the fuel.
>Cylinders #1 through #3 put out 1.5oz of fuel with a nice pattern.  #4 put
>out about 1.7oz with a
>half conical pattern.  Would the pattern not being a nice cone shape and
>it putting out the extra
>fuel cause this?  I know it's not right, and am replacing the injector
>after work, but is that off enough
>to cause a running problem?
>Any thoughts?
>

>John C. Worden
>Bucksport, Maine
>
>''98 Dakota 4x4-
>'88 Scirocco 16V-
>'86 Scirocco 8V-Now a 16V!
>'78 Scirocco Brazil Brown Metallic, 4 speed.- In the Rotisserie and under
>restoration
>'89 Polaris Indy Deluxe
>

>--

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.