A question for you CIS(or and FI) gurus out there.

thanks for agreeing w/ me t berk ;)
but i'd be less inclined to think it's a vacuum leak either--that
would be more likely to show up during partial acceleration or under
throttle lift off, i'd think, when vacuum is higher than at WOT.  it's
not a turbo or anything (ask me about vacuum leaks under WOT with my
car!).
though if it's a big leak in the intake manifold (that rubber boot
coming from the air flow plate) that's a different story--these boots
occasionally have concealed tears in the underside of the bellows.
lastly, the nice thing about cis is that if you lift the plate, and
the injectors spit out the correct amount of fuel, more than likely
your problem is elsewhere.

--
-Michael Abatzis
New Orleans!