A question for you CIS(or and FI) gurus out there.

--- Michael Abatzis <mabatzis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> i doubt it's the injector, unless we're talking
> about fuel cutoff near
> redline.  how do you know it's a fuel problem?
> faulty hall sender
> connections/plug wires have been known to cause
> similar problems...

Despite deferring to D. of Ohio's greater knowledge
than mine in things 16v related, my 1st thought was
along the same lines as Michael.

Bad Hall senders (distributors et al) often cause
trouble during acceleration and when they get really
bad fail to idle well if at all.

The other thing I was thinking it might be is an air
leak, on that only shows itself under high vacuum
conditions. (And/or during times when the motor rocks
a bit on it's mounts.)

Dem's me 'tinks.
TBerk

____________________________________________________________________________________Give spam the boot. Take control with tough spam protection in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.