bit of a find

    Ok, everyone.  I've found a beat up old MK1 that really has no life left in it.  The owner is a retired private yard owner who just does mechanical stuff in his spare time.  He has about 30 cars in his yard that have been there what looks like forever.  There is only one MK1 Scirocco, the rest are Rabbits, and Bugs and one Passat or Quantum or Dasher.  He wants $500 for the whole car and won't part it out.  It's not worth that much IMO but as far as parts are concerned I'll grab it and part it out if anyone needs parts.  I can't justify picking this up by myself so I need about 5 or 6 people who have interest in a few cheap parts in order to get it.  I can't tell you much about the car other then that all the horizontal surfaces have been beat by the sun till the paint pealed off and surface rust grows like a fungus on the top of everything that faces up.  Nothing has eaten through yet though and it could all be cleaned up.  Engine and tranny are complete minus one radiator.  Louvers on the rear look toast but might be a nice nostalgic peice for someones collectiong.  Tail lights are intact and don't look bad actually.  Tan leather or pleather or whatever interior looks melted and all that.  Wood grain dash looks like it held up though.  I does have a dash pad so I don't know if it's cracked or not.  Windshield is toast but at least it's still keeping out the weather.  Wheels look like stock AUDI Fuchs but I wouldn't know the VW counterpart.  They have Square holes and painted black in the recessed parts.  Car looks unmolested by inexperienced hands though so underneath it might be real nice.
    Would be a shame to let this or any of his collection get crushed.  Looks like he's got some swallow tail rabbits in there also.  I know nothing about beetles.

      Rave Racer
Current:
'91 Jetta GLI 2.0L 16V
'81 Scirocco Mk1 1.8L 8V Digifant 2