Offer on the 16v.

Do you need to sell it?
Do you want to sell it?
No.
No.  Now if I can squeeze three grand out of it... LOL

Honestly I offered to help the gentleman find a local scirocco.  As first...
I don't believe it is really worth $2500.  The interior is decent.  The body
has a couple dings and is fading it's color (pink wheel arches), the engine
leaves alot to be desired, but it runs and runs reliably for the most
part... (occasionally battery goes dead)  So if it isn't broke I don't see a
need to fix it.  I mean it's probably 80% of a stock 16v engine.  201k on
the clock it's a little tired.  To sell it for that price in that condition
to someone that isn't an enthusiest, and somewhat uninformed about
them--smacks of dishonesty.  I can't really do that.

But MORE IMPORTANTLY... if I was to sell it.  I promised a *friend* of mine
he would have first shot at it.  He's here and listening.  I won't embarrass
him.

So, I guess that being said... I am looking to find a Mk2 Scirocco
preferably (for this guy), he claims he will not molest a decent 16v BUT if
it needs an engine that's fine--he has a VR6 swap sitting in his garage,
Game On.  He said that he wouldn't rule out a decent Mk1 if that's all that
is available.  He does like the 16v bodykit quite a bit so I am not sure if
he would want an 8v.  I know that there were a few for sale recently I gotta
would like to spend 2500 or less, but can come up with a little more for a
really nice car.  He's not a vortexer.  I suggested he look there and
Craig's List.

As for me... I am going to get the Callaway in good running condition and
most likely put it up for sale at some point.  Not sure when.  A freshly
(partially) rebuilt engine and turbo makes good selling points.  More than
anything else I am scared it's going to get jacked up if I hang onto it.
That and maybe for my job a car like that isn't the most practical for me.
The paradox here is I probably won't make it available to you fookers.  LOL
I want more than any of you are willing to pay especially now that I have
this $2000 repair bill to offset.  :)  I am thinking once all the bugs are
worked out and maybe a respray I'll ask $4-5k probably on vortex or ebay...
just kidding.  I'll give the list first shot at it.  I'd pay a dollar to be
a fly on the wall and see how many times that comment got me cursed.  LOL  I
am going to be $5600 into it at that point and I'll lose money either way.
Better to see it go to a good home.  Daun would NOT be a good candidate as
he has too many cars, the Callaway would be neglected, not a pretty sight.
LOL

Chris

--
80 Scirocco Callaway Indiana Red