Electrical problem

Alternator excitement (on a rocc) comes from the switched 12v, through a pair of resistors in seris//parallel with a light bulb, then a diode then the alt.
Check the light bulb for one step, then check to see if the set up is even seeing the switched 12v at all.
Alts are self exciting (no jokes guys :) once they reach a certain rpm, but can drop out when the car gets to idle.

As for #3, check the float and its connector.
Now off to bed with me, its been a long weekend! Good luck!