Electrical problem

Hello guys. Well I got a electrical problem from hell from My 92 VW Passat
16v

here is what I have:
1. When I start the car the alternator doesn't go to 12V until I rev it.
well thats is normal but what isn't normal is that the battery light never
comes on at all. I even disconnected the alternator belt and the light
doesn't come on with the car running.

2. When I turn the head lights on the Tachometer dies and the clock goes
out.

3. The coolant light flashes with the car filled of coolant. When I sat at a
stand still it flashes but when I move it stops.

Any one have any suggestions on what to look for or where to start? I
brought this car from a guy with it not running. I replaced the distributor
and it now runs. I also replaced the head because the belt came loose.