BIG engine problem??

My JH did a good firm refusal to start immediately after the "extensive cam
swap". (engine swap). It was the fan on the alternator striking some
washers we'd added to the bracket for clearance. Grinding flat spots on the
washers with careful installation did the trick. It was enough to stop
engine motion quite effectively. So if it's in the car/accessories
attached, check the driven accessories.
Cathy, also wishing to get the thing running...