BIG engine problem??

Hey Bryan, is it a 2.1 because of the crank or has there been other work
done to it?  And are you positive that the valves aren't touching the
piston, you said about 360 degrees, just checking?  Gordy's got that same 3A
and I know in its stock form it's identical to a 1.8 aside from displacement
and the breather.  You know, the only thing I can think of when you mention
the shavings is maybe whatever it is that you hit or are getting caught up
on caused something to start to shear, gear, bolt(s).  I don't know if there
is any good input here or if  I just pissed you off for having to read this
novella.

Good luck, man.

BTW, you got a spare distributor?  I usually drive his car and it's lurch
city.