BIG engine problem??

Hey guys, this is a cross post from the tex, sorry, but I know a few guys on
here have 2.1, or at least one does.

Engine is a 2.1L with TDI crank, 3A block. Crank has been clearanced to fit
the block. Today I finally tried to start my 2.1L. No dice. Engine doesn't
move from top dead center.

Cylinders 1&4 are at tdc. It's not the starter, that has been ruled out.
It's not hitting a valve, I removed the timing belt and spun the cam, and
the cam tear turned flawlessly. I was able to turn the crankshaft backwards
and it turned fine, until it got to about 360* away again, and it comes to a
dead stop. There are also metal shavings falling from the crank gear. Any
idea if this is linked to it or not?

I'm pretty choked/worried/pissed, season opener is this weekend, although I
missed the last two cuz I was lazy, I really wanted to make this one...

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB
81 Volkswagen Scirocco
89 Volkswagen Jetta GTX

Check Out Our List Of Trendy Restaurants. You'll Eat It Up!
http://local.live.com/?mkt=en-ca/?v=2&cid=A6D6BDB4586E357F!378