(Banghead) RE: Master Cylinder - WTF?

--- Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:

> So, do yourself a favor and pick one of these up at your
> local flaps:
> http://www.jeephorizons.com/tech/brake_bleed.html
> This turns brake bleeding into a one person job.  You
> connect it to the bleeder, draw fluid through until air
> free, close the
> bleeder, and move onto the next wheel.  The only concern
> is drawing the reservoir dry, and to compensate for that,
> put a tranny
> fluid nozzle on the brake fluid bottle and invert it into
> the reservoir - it will auto-maintain reservoir level at
> the bottom of the
> nozzle opening.

So I bought one the night before you sent this.  I've
hooked it up per instructions and....

...I can't seem to get any fluid through it.  Sure, I can
get fluid and bubbles if I'm not getting a tight seal, but
seal off the air leaks around the bleeder screw?  Nope.
Nothing.

This is SOOO aggravating.  I really NEED to have the car on
the road in the next couple days, but I'm going bald from
attempting to do it.

Now what do I do?

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

Bored stiff? Loosen up...
http://games.yahoo.com/games/front