birthday/finally buying a car... i hope

Well i have a couple that i'm looking at.
One a white 86 8v that is stock. At least as far as i can tell by the
pictures it is.  It has 176k miles on it.  The sunroof doesnt work and the
owner thinks the fuel pump went out so it doesnt run right now.  But he only
wants $500 for it.

The car is in Everett WA so is there anyone that is closer that could look
at it for me? It is an hour and a half drive for me.  And seeing as my
birthday is on Sunday (yes april fools day...) i can actually buy the car
and have the title in my name at this point.
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/car/300394450.html

The other doesnt say much in the ad. i havent emailed yet but the ad says
only this:
"clean scirooco 16V(fast) not many left out there. lots invested
professionaly worked on only. must sell or trade for atv, motorcycle,
laptop."
oh and the price is at $1200
http://bellingham.craigslist.org/car/299848058.html

Any input would be great! i might be able to get a car for another couple
weeks but there is a possibility that it could work this week.
thanks
 - Jesse