Master Cylinder - WTF?

Another option is to use a hand-vacuum pump and a bleed setup. I've seen
kits in parts store that come with the tubing and bottle; one tube from
bleed nipple to bottle, another tube from the bottle to the pump.
    Pull up a few pounds of vacuum, crack the bleeder, close it when the
vacuum gets low.
    Doesn't cost a whole lot ($20 -ish?) and works fairly well, allows
one-person bleeding, and the pump can be used to test the various vacuum
operated heater flaps and such...

Karl