Master Cylinder - WTF?

Same thing Gordy said, but also, if the master isn't the same as the one you
replaced (same length), then you might be blocking the front outlets on the
cylinder; which I believe are driver's front line and passenger's rear.

Whew, what a run on sentence.

As far as the booster, I believe that they are specific to the master
application.  Some rods don't stick out as far, because the master shafts
are longer.

Hope that helps.