Master Cylinder - WTF?

Make sure the used booster is the same style as the one you took out.  The
MK1 scirocco has different mounting points coming off the fire wall for the
booster than later VWs which requires a different booster which affects the
point of where the push rod from the pedal meets the master cylinder.  I do
not know if the boosters are interchangeable from MK1 to MK2 boosters but I
would expect they are.  We tried mounting a 22mm passat master cyliner
onto a A2 golf booster and found out that there was about a 1/2" of pedal
play due to the fact that the push rod from the pedal was almost completley
engaging the master cylinder when bolted in.  I think we even had to cut
part of the 22mm master cylinder off on the end that mates to the booster to
work properly with the early booster we had.  If you have the right
replacement parts then I do not know what the problem could be.

--
Gordy
MK1 x 4