Testing while fuel system down

OK, I was going to test the car's starting while the fuel system is down
(awaiting the fuel distributor).  I know to pull the fuel pump relay (done).
  Do I need to pull the spark plugs?  And do I have to put the bad fuel
distributor back together?  I think this is a good chance to see what
happens when the engine isn't flooded with gas.  I am sure that everything
else is in order, but might as well be certain before I put a new fuel
distributor on and something else be wrong.

Thanks!
Lexan

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910