Road trip preps

Ok, this is going to sound a little harsh, and for that I
apologize.  But answer me this:  How long has this car been
off the road, or are you currently daily driving it?

If the answer to the second part of the question is no, and
you have a month before taking off to the wilds of
Alaska...  I would strongly encourage you to find / use a
newer, more reliable car.  You would likely need to have
your Scirocco up and running *now* to work out the
inevitable bugs that it WILL have from sitting so long.

Just going on plenty of past experience....

--- Jacob Hawes <gr8hunter1@comcast.net> wrote:

> So aside from what I've already said I'm going to get
> done on it
> (suspension, alternator ground wire smoking during
> cranking, seats,
> steering wheel, front axles/cv joints) what is needed to
> prep one of
> these cars for a road trip and preferably be reliable for
> 4+ months?

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172