Another Nice Day

--- C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> >  A cosmetic mod for my 79 ate the main  part of
> > >  the day (prtty
> > >  sure you'll notice it at Cincy),
> >
> > Cosmetic mod 'eh?  Ok.
>
> No, seriously, it was. Yeah, you'll see it, it's pretty
> wild. I guarantee
> it! (disclaimer: no pristine Scirocco parts were
> downgraded either)

I've got a pretty good idea of what you're up to.  So how
much clearancing is required?  Holes?  Blisters?  Red on
top and blue underneath?

> Glad you got that brake mess sorted out, sound like your
> "hunch" was a good
> one.

Well it's not back together yet, but the "new" booster is
bolted in, as is the new MC and the lines are re-attached.
It was about 11:00 last night when I got that finished so I
figured it was a good stopping point.

> What were the symptoms besides vanishing fluid?

The level had gone down again, and I noticed that hitting
the brakes now was causing some white "smoke" from the
tailpipe.  Hmmm.  Vacuum line from booster to intake, mix a
little fluid into the line to be burned and....

I'm anxious to get everything bolted back on, the temps
this week are forecast to be near record highs (like today,
around 80) with a bit of sunshine - perfect 'roc driving weather.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172

Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.