Changing Shocks

OK, I scoot on down to the local Carquest here in Trenton, NC this morning
for my almost daily visit.  They all know me by name and are usually amused
by my requests (remember, my nickname there is Miss America).  Not, to
mention, most of the town is "abuzz" about my little project (my mom
informed me, and my mom's boyfriend had people over yesterday while I was
away to look in on the project.  Can we say, GET A LIFE?).

So, back to topic.  They let me trade oil filter wrenches (this one worked!)
and I pick up some super glue gel to fix a part I broke (we'll see if the
glue surgery worked).  Then I ask if he has a spring compressor.
Conversation goes as follows...

For what?

For the suspension, so I can change the shocks.

Do you know how dangerous that is?  The guy up the street in Maysville won't
even work on some of the springs that come in there.

I understand, but looking at the tech pics, I think I can do this with the
compressor.  So, can you order me one, or can I borrow yours?

I cannot be a part of you trying to kill yourself.  If that spring pops off
and hits you in the face, it will kill you.  No, you need to take it to
someone.

Nah, I can handle.  Guess I will have to go to Harbor Freight.

Well, I will be sure to tell your momma to sue Harbor Freight when the
spring kills you.  You DO NOT need to attempt this.

Denied by the local parts store :(  So, I may try the idea of wiring the
springs together before removal.  Or, I may wait until I have backup help.
Or tech procedure at Cincy???

Oh, and I don't think I am ready for the blow torch yet.  Wow, 1 fear at a
time.  I am moving through the fuel exploding fear, then gotta move on to
the electricity fear to find the short and install the stereo.

Lexan  <---off to the beach.  It's too nice out to play with the car today.

Live Search Maps ? find all the local information you need, right when you
need it. http://maps.live.com/?icid=hmtag2&FORM=MGAC01