16v ECU/hardware swap or Megasquirt?

I have stand-alone (VEMS) in my 16v, and I wouldn't call it DDable at
the moment, but it's fun to play with.

But I had nothing but bad luck with CIS-E.  Idle hunt was always an
issue, unless it wasn't idling at all (heel toe becomes necessary in
that situation).  To be fair, I didn't really spend much time
troubleshooting.

I also ran G60 Digifant 1 with an SNS NA chip for a while.  The car did
pretty well with that, but I am not sure the cost is justifiable - it
did idle consistently, at least.  Getting a new chip and adding boost
caused some issues and SNS didn't help me much, which led me down the
path I am on now...

Unless you want to try something stupid* like turbocharging, I'd leave
it stock.

*it's really cool when everything is working right :)  but I am not sure
if DD status is attainable.

> heh, i retired those wires after you cursed my last rocc with them...
>
> On 3/22/07, Brian McGarvey <bmcgarvey@gmail.com> wrote:
> > BTW Mark..
> >
> > Burn trash or otherwise get rid of the ingition wires if they are
the ones
> > that came from my now dead mk2.
> >
> > history of them since I know about them...
> >
> > my mk2 had them installed..
> > rolled down the hill.. took our drivers side rear fender.
> >
> > got pasted in the driver side front fender from BEHIND turning left.
> >

> > mike's mk2
> >
> > pasted hard in the drivers door. pretty much right after he put em on..
> >
> > I had a *feeling* I was going to get it in the drivers door..  the
white 16v
> > was invisible.
> >
> > I didn't realize it could pass the bad luck..
> >
> > BTW sorry about that mike..
> >
> > Bigmac..
> > I'm not usually so superstitious, but sometimes.. you know and its only
> > really 2.5 wrecks.. as the parking brake failed in the first wreck.

> > the

> > > new dizzy in that car.  hall sensor too.  don't break the connector!
> > >
> > > -- no ignition and

its all