help needed for a buddy(87 16v)

On Mar 16, 2007, at 1:17 PM, David Brown wrote:

> scirocco's are so troublesome. Just sell it to me 8-)
> Really though I had one just sputter to a stop while driving once
> and wouldn't restart...turned out to be the O2 sensor.Unplugged it
> and ran fine. Lean, but fine. 8-)
>
> Cheers
> David

Just wanted to point out that without O2 sensor input, the CIS(-E)
fuel mixture system goes into a limp home mode of sorts with a better-
safe-then-sorry fuel mixture.  That mixture is on the rich side, not
lean.  Rich mixtures lead to bad fuel economy, nasty polluting
exhaust, sooted up pistons and valves...etc.  Lean mixtures can lead
to a burned valve or valve seat, or even a burned piston.  Factory
installed logic:  For Your Protection. :)

==Brett