Gas in the oil, HELP :(

The more you try to start it and fail, the more likely you are to get gas in
the oil at this point.  Sounds like your car is getting gas when you crank
it (maybe too much) and the problem is a lack of spark (or excess gas).
Your fuel distributor plunger (see the Bentley) might be sticking, among
other things.  You could have a messed up thermotime switch (just disconnect
it).

The point is, it appears your engine is flooding very badly and the excess
gas has no where else to go.  Much of it "blows" out of the exhaust on the
engine's exhaust stroke and some of it collects in the cylinders and "leaks
down" past the piston rings into the crankcase.

Better get that oil changed as soon as you get the car running again.

hth

Jim