Gas in the oil, HELP :(

Well, winter decided to return today, which ended any ideas I had to garden,
or clean up the Purple Martin gourds (birds are here and calling me a slum
lord for not taking care of their residences), so off to retrieve the Rocco
from the meadow (where she was banned to last week).

Still trying to finish cycling out the old gas, and figuring I am getting
close.  Also, I figured out what went pop-whooosh last weekend (loose hose
clamp, hehe).  Tried starting several times and ran the battery low (GOTTA
find the short or bad wire, darn it).

I have noticed a gassy smell every time I try to start, so, figured I better
poke around a bit.  Pulled dipstick (don't ask me why I started here), and
the "oil" just dripped off.  Figured this couldn't be good since when I
looked at it last it was oil.  Smells like gas, has consistency of gas
(maybe a bit thicker) and color of fresh oil :(  Even with my limited
knowledge, I KNOW this isn't good.

So, how is this much gas getting into my oil?  What is my next step?  All
ideas and help are SUPER appreciated, as every day that passes puts her
visit to Cincy less likely.

Thanks all!
Lexan
'82 8V

5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free
quotes - *Terms
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910