Let's start a retrospective thread

Ok let me say it first before I continue... You are thinking OMG what
the hell is he gonna say?!?

"By Grabthar's hammer, by the sons of Worvan, you shall be avenged!"
Don't want to disappoint the anti OT peeps.

LOL sorry.

Do agains... pick up a ratty 85 and rebuild it.  It was definately the
root of that love/hate relationship.  The engine swap was the crucible
for the mechanically impared.  With alot of booze and help from Stan
it was finished.  I had that car longer than my first wife.  The
scirocco at least was faithful and never let me down--can't say the
same about my ex.

WTF was I thinking catagory...
-having the ashtray removed for the Empeg unit, Ipods came along a few
months later that made a half din sized mp3 player obsolete.
-Hollowing the cat, not a huge gain.
-Dropping the resonator--made it sound horrible.
-Cracking a set of all red tails.
-Buying a scirocco on the west coast via the internet and driving it
across with alot of faith; buying an older scirocco in Ohio and
driving it back to the west coast... (some kind of reverse migration
thing.)
-Leaving said scirocco in South Dakota after it died...  Getting half
way to SD and figuring out I left the keys in Seattle.  Breaking into
my own storage unit at 4am and "stealing" my own car.
-Oh yea, buying a car with remote start already installed.  Shitty
idea #1.  Leaving the car in gear--shitty idea #2.  Getting the remote
wet and getting dragged towards the bay... priceless.
-Trying to do shocks and struts without an impact gun.
-Not pulling disc brakes off the donor car.
-Thinking a 16v dash swap would be an easy thing to do.
-Putting car seats in my scirocco.  (and the R)

Oh God there's more but it would require effort to continue. lol