  From: Daun Yeagley
  To: Cory Langford ; LEF
  Cc: Scirocco-l@scirocco.org
  Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 7:32 PM
  Subject: Re: MK1 S model Equipment question

  --- Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

  > This is where my confusion sets in.  This spoiler/lip was
  > it just a
  > moulding piece on the rear hatch, or was it raised on a
  > couple legs an inch
  > or so off the hatch? (IE: like the zender one)

  Larry's smoking crack again.  There was NO spoiler /
  moulding piece on the rear hatch of the Mk 1 from the
  factory.  That piece was the (I think) Kamei spoiler and it
  was aftermarket.  (It may have been a Zender, I think they
  had a couple different types for the Mk 1.)  One Zender is
  the piece that's raised an inch or so.  Regardless, there
  was no extra spoiler on the hatch.

  I had
  > always thought that the zender rear hatch spoiler was
  > taken from the S (or
  > vw used zender spoilers on the S model).  But I am not
  > able to confirm
  > anything.

  Nope - not from the factory.

  > I can't seem to find a write up on what the S model came
  > with.

  -Zender airdam
  -Red accent striping / badging.
  -"Blacked out" trim instead of chrome.
  -Raised white-letter tires.
  -Recaro-designed seating.

  That's it.

  Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
  '81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
  '88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
  '96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172