MK1 S model Equipment question

--- Cory Langford <Cory_Langford@bcit.ca> wrote:

> This is where my confusion sets in.  This spoiler/lip was
> it just a
> moulding piece on the rear hatch, or was it raised on a
> couple legs an inch
> or so off the hatch? (IE: like the zender one)

Larry's smoking crack again.  There was NO spoiler /
moulding piece on the rear hatch of the Mk 1 from the
factory.  That piece was the (I think) Kamei spoiler and it
was aftermarket.  (It may have been a Zender, I think they
had a couple different types for the Mk 1.)  One Zender is
the piece that's raised an inch or so.  Regardless, there
was no extra spoiler on the hatch.

I had
> always thought that the zender rear hatch spoiler was
> taken from the S (or
> vw used zender spoilers on the S model).  But I am not
> able to confirm
> anything.

Nope - not from the factory.

> I can't seem to find a write up on what the S model came
> with.

-Zender airdam
-Red accent striping / badging.
-"Blacked out" trim instead of chrome.
-Raised white-letter tires.
-Recaro-designed seating.

That's it.

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S (Deiter)       '86 Scirocco 8v
'88 Scirocco Slegato (Gino!)  '88 Scirocco 16v
'96 Passat GLX Wagon          '56 Cessna 172