OT: Unix/Gallery2 question

On 6/25/07, Koabi Brooks <koabi.brooks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Once upon a time I ran some installation scripts to put gallery2 on a system
> I only have FTP access to (which is the main reason i did it via script).
> Long story short, the installation becamse messed up and I have some data I
> need to delete, but the owner of most of the files is "99" and not me.  What
> can I do?  I assume the script created an arbitrary owner so the only thing
> i can think of would be to make a script with that owner to delete the
> files.  Too bad I'm not sure how to do that nor if i can run anything like
> that on a box with FTP-only access.

How did you install the package with only FTP access (i.e. who
launched the script(s) for you once you uploaded them?

If you're not the owner of the files, you'll have to get the owner (or
superuser or root) to change the ownership via the chown command.

But without shell access I'm not sure why you'd even want to bother,
you will only end up frustrated.

--
84 Wolfsburg Ed. Scirocco GTD mit ?berVerteilerpumpe
http://scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca/gtd