OT: Unix/Gallery2 question

Once upon a time I ran some installation scripts to put gallery2 on a system
I only have FTP access to (which is the main reason i did it via script).
Long story short, the installation becamse messed up and I have some data I
need to delete, but the owner of most of the files is "99" and not me.  What
can I do?  I assume the script created an arbitrary owner so the only thing
i can think of would be to make a script with that owner to delete the
files.  Too bad I'm not sure how to do that nor if i can run anything like
that on a box with FTP-only access.

Scirocco content:  coilovers seem to make the drive axels harder to remove
because you have less distance to work with due to the fact the coilovers
have less travel