Couple of trany questions

Definitely helps.  Thanks Karl.

-Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Karl Krupke [mailto:kkrup62@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:25 PM
To: William Yeckel (Lexmark International); scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Couple of trany questions

>  1.  I can't shift into 1st unless the car is almost not moving, and 2nd
>is a little difficult to shift into also.  3rd 4th and 5th seem ok.

I suggest first checking linkage for worn or missing bushings, bent rods.
Then do the "adjusting Shift Linkage" procedure in Bentley.

>  2.  Every once in a while I hear a kink sound after I shift then let out
>the clutch.  You hear the same sound when the car is off and the engine
>stops.

Hmm... something's loose, not sure what. Might not necessarily be clutch
related though. Insufficient information to remote trouble shoot.

>  3.  Actually there is a 3rd question, :)  The clutch pedal is hard to
>push down is there a way to loosen that up?

Replace the clutch cable; while you're there check the pedal for smooth
operation. If the cable is old and frayed it'll bind, same symptom (I think)
if the pedal bushing are worn.
    If both cable and pedal are smooth and free, then I'd guess your clutch
pressure plate is no good.

Hope this helps,

Karl

Picture this - share your photos and you could win big!
http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us