From: Mark F. [mailto:mk1mark@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 11:49 PM
To: Rave Racer 77
Cc: Chris Bennett; Scirocco List
Subject: Re: Suggestions for a stripped bolt

On 6/25/07, Rave Racer 77 <raveracer77@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I used a dremel to cut the head off of the one that stripped on mine.
Once
> the shaft was off I was able to get it out with Vice Grips.

As someone who's put quadzillions of miles on a dremel making
jewelery, cutting bolt heads off with one sounds like torture,
especially if you've got more than one to do...

Here's a tip to help the visegrip method's success rate.  Put your
triple-square tool in the stripped out hole (or torx hammered in)
before you clamp it with the vise grip.  This will prevent the cap
screw head from collapsing and reducing the visegrip's grip on it.
Also a good quality visegrip is worth the few extra bucks.  I don't
remember the last time I've had to drill one out...

Later,

Mark.
75
82