34 Years ago Today...

You know... I fully intend to live forever.  I am hedging my bets on
Cryogenics and Uploading myself into Virtual Reality.

Not to sound pessimistic or anything but both my biological parents died at
age 52 of cancer.  I don't smoke so I am a leg up on them I would say.  My
grandparents were in their 80's on my mom's side.  (Diabetes and the other
had alzheimers)  Pop (my maternal grandfather) had a full head of hair when
he died... so I can't complain.  If I was to go bald it would be his fault.

God all this talk is depressing.  Lets talk news... Firefighters.  :(
Pregnant lady in Ohio  :(  Iraq... :(

Well shit then, lets talk Sciroccos... LOL

I miss mine.  Not sure if the 87 is going to start.  That's always fun
coming back from a flight to wherever and get up to the parking garage and
play Wheel of Fortune: Dead Battery Edition.  Spin the wheel... start, no
start, start, weak crank, start, click, click... and where does it usually
stop?  Ominous click and no joy.  It's always a surprise!  Then it's walk 10
million miles to the fat guy with the starter box... this I get my
exercise.  Pay him 15 bucks and lug this 60 lb starter box to the far end of
the airport (he is in the farthest terminal) and I thank God that at least
one of the two wheels actually turns or ya know it could be difficult.  Jump
the car let it run for 20 minutes or so hoping that it builds a charge so
that when you lug this hunk of shit back to the fat man (who invariably asks
what took you so long?) and trek back to the car it actually starts again.
(I did that once made two happy trips up to the parking garage and $30 later
11pm at night I was ready to take part in some old fashioned redrum.)  Not
that I am complaining or anything.  This all makes life interesting.

Speaking of interesting.  I did have a bum attempt to accost me on the way
to the airport the other night at 11pm.  He actually tried to get in my
car.  (Not like the bum in Virginia who actually DID get in my car at the
carwash.)  I wasn't carrying the .40 cal as I was on the way to the airport
they frown on that apparently... (WTF?!?) so that was probably a good
thing.  The last thing I want is that on my conscience.  What was
interesting was how odoriferous this gentlemen was.  I could smell him with
the window rolled up.  I have smelled the insides of another human being, at
some of the accidents I have responded to... that is something you can't get
out of your nose for hours.  This was that kind of smell.  Maybe I need new
window seals... LOL  Now the bum in Virginia... that was all Olde English,
urine, and bad breath.  "My brother married a white woman what do you think
of that?"

Anyway in Tacoma the other night, after he smacked my window a couple times
asking for money I drove away.  He was pretty aggresive and I did feel a
little threatened so departure was the path of least resistance.  Hey it was
dark and there were crackheads lurking about.  Only in Tacoma.  (72nd st for
those who are familiar)  This is part of my live forever plan--don't fuck
with the bums after dark.

I did see something kinda funny I was in certain important building full of
suits, CEO's and such, downtown SF... I was working above this gentlemen's
desk and he was like the #2 guy in this firm.  I couldn't help but notice
that there was one of those sponges thing you throw in water and it swells
to 20x it's size.  Zoe always gets those dinosaurs that are in the pill
capsules.  (Which is scary when you think about it... what if a kid eats
those?)  It was a "Grow a REAL Boyfriend doll"  Guess which part swelled?  I
am up on a ladder 8 feet in the air wondering what the hell that man had
that on his desk for...  Then it hit me.  OHHHHHHH... I understand.  SF.
Nevermind.  Subtle hints applied with sledgehammers.  It was kinda
funny though.  Hell I think I want one.  It would make an excellent gift for
a few people I know.  Actually since my brother is homophobic he'd be the
first person I would send one to.

Can you tell I have like a three hour layover?  Sorry.