Something that might interest guys.

On 1:44 am 06/14/07 Spewey <spewey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Mtl-Marc wrote/ecrit:
> >  Geez you have to record that!
>
> Ok, delurking cloak on (don't peek under the cloak).  That is cool.

> Is one of the surviving aircraft in Ontario?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avro_Lancaster
> http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/equip/historical/lancasterlst_e.asp

Yep, one of the surviving two lives in Hamilton, at CWHM, as suggested by
both articles.  Though I thought the Brits were supposed to get a third one
airworthy. I had the rather unnerving experience of helping tarp its
cockpit in 80kph winds, and it's a friggin long way up to where the pilot
sits. I spent a lot of time in her propwash when I was helping with the
CF104 restoration, that's two vey different ways to get metal to stay in
the sky! Haven't even gone to CWHM for ages, but will probably volunteer
again once I retire. Saw the big gal at Osh Kosh this summer though!

Okay, and on a complete side track...one of Adam's friends was sitting here
playing with one of those psychic websites, "Ask Peter" or some such thing.
It accurately stated the colour of my shirt and the number of people in the
room, but odds aren't too long on a correct guess there. Next question?
"What's on the wall behind me?" Answer? (which was pretty freaky I might
add) "Lancaster bomber". So, just curious, how many of you have one on the
wall behind you right now? Yeah, thought so. _I_ do....

Makes you wonder....
cathy