Rocco back, shifter linkage bushings

Thank you Dan, Gordon and Neptuno for the good information.
Cheers and have a great weekend.
Ed

>>> "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@xxxxxxxxxxx> 6/8/2007 11:50 AM >>>
The teflon bushing Gordon was referring to:
http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/ForSale/ShiftLinkage.shtml#ShiftRodBearing

I wouldn't say these parts are the best quality, but the do fit and work.

Also, in my opinion these parts:
http://www.4crawler.com/Diesel/ForSale/ShiftLinkage.shtml#RelayShaftBushings
are a worthwhile upgrade over the stock parts.
Dan

From: "Gordon Forbess" <gforbess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Edward Effinger" <Eeffinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'Scirocco List'" <scirocco-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 10:35 AM
Subject: Re: Rocco back, shifter linkage bushings

On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 08:44:30 -0400, "Edward Effinger"
<Eeffinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Does anyone offer a bushing kit for all the shifter linkage?

Typical kits are available everywhere for little $ and have all except
the shift rod bushing (the one that hangs from the steering rack).
That one, which comes riveted into a metal bracket, will be around
$50.  If someone has a source for that one at less, please post it up.

I use the A2 bushing (about $5) and drilled out the rivets in the
bracket to mount it, but it has a slightly larger diameter hole than
the proper A1 model and may contribute to the slop.  There is a teflon
aftermarket one that's the right size for about $30-35 but I don't
have that link handy at the moment.

Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9